April 2, 2010

Hot Toys MMS090 Predator (1987)

I continue my HT purchases in earnest and my latest capture is none other than the original Predator. THE Predator that precede all other and in my eye, the one and only. The rest are just spin-offs, bootlegs etc whatever copycat terms you can come up with.
Read quite a few reviews of it before taking the plunge and it was money very well spent. Bought a displayed piece but after meeting up with the seller, he is a careful collector and the piece undoubtedly in tip top condition. Just perfect.



This is the stance this alien poses when he finally took out his bio-helmet meeting MAJ Alan "Dutch" Schaeffer face to face in a one on one duel. "You are one ugly motherf**ker" blurted the Major and yes it does looks ugly. By the way, I should also remove its shoulder blaster to be more movie accurate for this scene... but then, nevermind :)

And here it is with helmet on. I still prefer it to have its helmet on. Can't just leave this very menacing and cool piece of equipment lying around and not use it right? Some of the pictures I saw of other collector's review shows the helmet fit awkwardly onto its face and it look very outwardly protrude. Sets me thinking a little if the unnatural look is inherent. Well when I got this on hand, the myth quickly diminished. I attribute it to unskilled handling or lack of effort in proper photo angle capturing. End of the day, the helmet fits in well... with room for
improvement but I can live with how it came with.

The mandatory stand straight full frontal photo shot. And a striding shot. This piece is way cool and I'll have to say it again, this piece is superb and if you are a predator fan... heck even if you are neutral about this character but is a 1:6 collector, GET IT! while the price is still sane.

You can read in more details of the preview of this item over at mwctoys.com

2 comments:

Willy's Toys said...

Great figure, nice photos. Im actually thinking about getting one eventually. =]

Yee said...

Thanks! Like what I have written on my blog, get it while the price is sane. But it actually wasn't so when I checked out some of its ebay intl' listing :p